The 15-year-old Norwegian is on his way to North London to train with Arsenal in the upcoming weeks.
Arsenal have recently been bringing in plenty of players on trial from Scandinavia. Mads Dohr Thychosen is currently in from Denmark, while Norwegian stopper Kjetil Haug also spent time with the club. Meanwhile Swedish defender Kristopher de Graca was signed on a youth deal from Hisingbacka FC.
And another is now set to train with the club in the coming weeks.
It is reported in Norway that Birk Risa is set to join up with Arsenal in coming weeks.
It was a move confirmed by the clubs CEO yesterday:
‘’There have been inquiries from other clubs. We sat down with Birk and his father, and concluded that a stay at Arsenal is the most appropriate for him now.’’
The player himself was obviously very excited about the proposition of training with Arsenal:
‘’I'll go over there and show what I can do. The most important thing for me is to do my best, have a good experience, and see what happens.’’
So what can we tell you about the 15-year-old starlet?
1) Risa is currently with Norwegian top flight outfit Sandnes Ulf. The club has a former Arsenal players in their midst. Republic of Ireland under-21 international goalkeeper Sean McDermott was at the club for three years as a youngster, although the Irishman was born in Norway.
2) Risa has played for the Norwegian youth team. In fact, on his international debut with the Norwegian under-15 team last month he scored a brace to earn a 2-1 win against rivals Sweden.
3) Arsenal are not the only team interested in his signing. Blackburn Rovers, Bayern Munich and Manchester United are all said to be keeping tabs on the talented striker.
4) Some bad news for Arsenal fans. Unfortunately, like many Norwegians, he is in fact a Manchester United supporter.
5) A regular in training sessions with the first-team he is currently talking about a professional deal with Sandnes Ulf, although if he impresses Arsenal that may not be necessary.
image: © xoiram42