Adama Traore is said to have made quite an impression on Tottenham boss AVB.
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas was in Barcelona at the weekend to check out the B side in action, a fact not lost on the media, with his presence widely acknowledged.
Sergi Samper, Jordi Masip, and Javier Espinosa were the trio he was tipped to have been scouting, but it is being reported that another youngster caught his attention.
Spanish newspaper Marca claimed the player who really impressed was Adama Traore, giving 37-year-old Manuel Pablo an afternoon to forget.
"Although Villas Boas had gone to the game to watch Masip, Samper and Espinosa, the Spurs manager was bowled over by Adama."
So who actually is the youngster? Here are five facts about Traore...
1) Traore is 17-years-old and a right-winger who came through Barcelona's La Masia academy.
2) Also eligible to play international football for Mali, he has represented Spain from under-16 to under-19 level where he presently has six caps.
3) This season is Traore's first playing for Barcelona's B team. So far he has two assists in eight games, including one in the UEFA Youth League versus Ajax.
4) He featured for Spain at the under-19 European championships this summer where they reached the semi-finals, with Arsenal's Hector Bellerin also involved.
5) Of particular note to AVB and any suitors, Traore's present contract expires in 2014.
Check him out in action below...
Should Spurs try to sign him?
image: © mariosp