The Spanish press has widely reported former Tottenham star Gareth Bale’s horrendous recent past with injuries.
Bale has endured a difficult start to his career at Real Madrid, which has seen him hampered by injury problems following that world record transfer in a deal worth £85 million.
The Spanish press has highlighted the extent of his injury problems, with AS stating he’s missed 78 matches through his career due to 27 different injury problems.
He’s currently suffering with a back problem, which follows a muscle issue and it’s unclear when he’ll get the chance to justify his price tag with a long run of games for Real Madrid.
His history with injuries is something that Real Madrid would have been aware of when they invested so much cash in him and unfortunately he is just going to miss games throughout his career due to various common and rarer problems.
Here are the most common problems he’s suffered with in his career.
1) Torn ankle joint ligaments (2007/2008 and 2010/2011)
2) Knee problems (2008/2009)
3) Back trouble (2010/2011 and 2013/2014)
4) Hamstring injury (2011/2012 and 2012/2013)
5) Malleolar injury (2012/2013)
6) Mensical laceration (2013/2014)
7) Muscular problems (Two spells in 2013/2014)
See also: Tottenham to drive forward with Honda?
image: © apasciuto