Arsenal have been linked with Patrick Herrman of Borussia Moenchengladbach.
It appears Arsenal are linked with adding a new German to their squad on an almost daily basis nowadays, and fresh reports claim Patrick Herrmann is the supposed 'next man in.'
The source is Swiss website Infoticker.ch, with the rumour also picked up by English newspaper The Express.
The Swiss report states: "Patrick Herrmann is being targeted two top European clubs. According to our information, Arsenal and Juventus hot on the 22-year-old right winger of Borussia Mönchengladbach."
More competition for Theo Walcott on the right-hand side would surely only be good news for the Gunners, even with teenager Serge Gnabry presently impressing.
Here are five facts about Patrick Herrmann...
1) Herrmann is 22-years-old and has been with Borussia Moenchengladbach since 2008, making more than 100 Bundesliga appearances.
2) The right winger wears Moenchengladbach's number 7 shirt, and has one goal and two assists in eight appearances so far this season. Last season he scored six goals and also created six.
3) He has represented Germany from under-16 level all the way to winning his first senior call-up in March, but did not make it onto the pitch. He has three goals in 14 games for the under-21s.
4) Herrmann shares an agent with Manchester United's Shinji Kagawa, and a Bundesliga trio also linked with the Gunners over the past year, Sebastian Rode, Takashi Inui, and Atsuso Uchida.
5) His contract was due to expire next summer, and at the end of last year he was linked with Spurs - but in March he signed a new contract with Moenchengladbach which runs until 2016.
image: © tjuel