Tottenham have one of the best squads of midfielders in the Premier League, always on the look out for promising players to draft in to improve that part of the squad even further.
One player the club are apparently looking at is FC Basel star Mohamed Salah, a regular for his Swiss side and experienced across a variety of different competitions.
The 21-year-old recently bagged a goal against Chelsea in the Champions League and could soon start attracting a lot of attention from bigger sides all over Europe.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) He can play two different positions effectively; as a striker up front or down either side of the midfield as a winger.
2) He’s only ever represented two clubs; El-Mokawloon SC (the only youth team side he played for) and FC Basel.
3) He’s received two honours to date with FC Basel; the Swiss Super League and a runners up medal in the Swiss Cup, both in the 2012/2013 season.
4) He’s played for Egypt at three different levels; Under-20, Under-23 and senior level bagging a total of 24 goals. He also played at the 2012 Olympic Games.
5) He won the CAF Most Promising African Talent of the Year award in 2012.
Good potential signing Spurs fans?
image: © _becaro_