The 21-year-old midfielder only moved to Marseille over the summer and he’s already being tracked by one of England’s best clubs.
Chelsea have shown a recent trend of investing in young, high quality players as Jose Mourinho looks to build the foundations of a side and club over the next few seasons.
Some reports have suggested that Chelsea are willing to pay as much as £25 million for Imbula this winter when the January transfer window opens, which shows how highly regarded he is at Stamford Bridge.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) He was born in Belgium, plays for France and also holds citizenship for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
2) He’s played for France at two different levels this year; Under-20 and Under-21, making five appearances across the two teams, yet to score his first goal.
3) He played for four different teams before he made the step up to senior football; US Argenteuil, Racing Colombes 92 (two different spells), Paris Saint-Germain and Guingamp.
4) Marseille is his second senior club, having graduated into the senior side at Guingamp with 108 appearances, scoring five goals.
5) His professional debut for Guingamp against Dijon came when he was 17-years, one month and four days old, making him the youngest ever player in Ligue 2 history.
What do you think Chelsea fans? Good potential signing?
image: © Jason Bagley