I know the NFL season has just started and the draft is many months away but we thought we'd look at some of the best prospects coming out of college football this season.
We start with the potential number one overall pick and the best quarterback available Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater. He's in the mould of Robert Griffin III; strong, athletic and a strong throwing arm. It looks like he'll be hot property come the end of next season and teams will be fighting for his services thinking he will be their quarterback of the future.
Here's a few things you may not know about the 20 year old quarterback:
1) Born November 10, 1992 in Miami, Florida
2) Set a single-game school record for completion percentage at 90.5 percent after completing 19-of-21 passes for 232 yards in a win over Kentucky
3) Named the Most Valuable Player of the Sugar Bowl after going 20-of-32 for 266 yards and two touchdowns in a win over third-ranked Florida. The Gators came into the game as 13 ½ favourites
4) Named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year and first team all-conference.
5) Set a single-game school record for completion percentage at 90.5 percent after completing 19-of-21 passes for 232 yards in a win over Kentucky
It is pretty much roundly acknowledged at this point, that Teddy Bridgewater will end up being taken with the first overall pick. Judging but the start of the season it looks as though the Jacksonville Jaguars will be in place to select the Louisville quarterback.
The Jaguars will know that a team can be built around a franchise quarterback and this is definitely what Bridgewater is. Hopefully for the Jaguars this could be a turning point for the franchise.
Predicted destination: Jacksonville Jaguars
Below are some of Bridgewater's highlights:
image: © kyngpao