The Arsenal manager, a former Newcastle United goalkeeper and a Brazilian legend are on the list of degree-holding footballers.
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton has enrolled to study a philosophy degree at Roehampton University.
The former Manchester City and Newcastle United player confirmed the news on his Twitter profile - adding that he had sat through his first lecture on Thursday.
Despite the stereotype that footballers lack intelligence, plenty of footballers in history have managed to complete university degrees.
Here's a list of ten clever clogs from the footballing world:
1) David Wetherall - The former Leeds United and Bradford City defender completed a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Sheffield, whilst playing for Sheffield Wednesday's reserve team.
2) Sócrates - The Brazilian attacking midfielder was a doctor of medicine and philosophy - and became a GP after retirement.
3) Slaven Bilic - The Besiktas manager doesn't only speak German, Italian and English, but also has a law degree.
4) Steve Coppell - The former Manchester United winger, and ex-Reading boss is currently director of football at Crawley Town. He can always quit football and turn to accountancy, having obtained an economics degree from Liverpool University during his United career.
5) Shaka Hislop - The Trinidad and Tobago international is well known for keeping clean sheets at Reading, Newcastle, West Ham and Portsmouth. Before all of that, he graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Howard University, and even interned at NASA.
6) Iain Dowie - The ex-Crystal Palace boss has a Masters in engineering from the University of Hertfordshire.
7) Arsène Wenger - The current Arsenal manager joined French team Mulhouse in 1973, and balanced playing time with studying an economics degree at the University of Strasbourg. He graduated with a 2:1 in 1974.
8) Gudni Bergsson - The Icelandic defender who made his name at Bolton retired in 2003 and pursued a career in law. He is now a certified lawyer in Iceland and a TV-show host. Nice.
9) Oliver Bierhoff - The former Milan and Germany International striker holds a degree in economics.
10) Richard Hinds - The defender who plays for Bury in League Two has studied a law degree with Open University.
Do you know of any other footballers who have been to university?
image: © wonker