A report in The People claimed that Arsenal have set their sights on another German, Maximilian Wagener.
Wagener is a prospect at German club Bayer Leverkusen and is highly thought of by the club who are presently managed by former Liverpool ace Sami Hyypia.
We decided to take a look at the prospect and see what we can tell fans about Wagener, who Arsenal are said to have scouted last week.
Here are five facts about the starlet:
1) Wagener is a right-winger who is 18-years-old, he is yet to feature for Leverkusen's first team.
2) He was one of Leverkusen's scorers in their 4-3 defeat to Manchester United in the opening round of the UEFA Youth League.
3) The manager who handed him his debut in the youth team, Sascha Lewandowski - no relation to Robert - resigned from his post at Leverkusen in May.
4) He is the current captain of Leverkusen's under-19 side.
5) Wagener's current contract expires in summer 2014, meaning the Gunners could try to persuade him to sign a pre-contract agreement in the New Year.
Should Arsenal pursue his signature? What do you think of their increasing German contingent?