Aaron Ramsey is having the best spell of his Arsenal career, having seemingly transformed his game from a heavily criticised player last season to simply unstoppable this season.
Arsene Wenger deserves massive credit for making a slight change to his position, which has seen him take a slightly higher role in the Arsenal midfield and if it continues to pay off, the Gunners will have a very successful season.
Here are ten stats which show how he’s hurting teams at the moment.
1) The standout stat comes from the accuracy of Ramsey’s shooting. He’s scored seven goals from nine shots on target so far this season.
2) The accuracy of his passing means he’s as efficient as any other player in the midfield; 87.8% successful passing rate.
3) He’s averaging 79.3 passes per game this season which is higher than Mesut Ozil with an average of 52.
4) He’s playing four key long balls per game, which is useful for quick starting Arsenal counter attacks.
5) He’s weighed in with a single assist, one area of his game he will be looking to improve.
6) He doesn’t just hurt sides with his passing, he’s dribbling well with 1.4 key dribbles per game.
7) He’s drawing 1.5 fouls per game on average, winning Arsenal set pieces in key positions.
8) He’s making 1.2 key interceptions per game on average this season.
9) He’s being dispossessed only 1.6 times per match on average.
10) It’s not all about his attacking play, as he’s also getting stuck in defensively with 5.2 key tackles per match.
What do you think has been the most impressive feature of his game?
image: © wonker