We have trawled through the stats to present 10 key take-aways for United fans keen on assessing his performance.
1) Fellaini won four aerial duels, more than any Leverkusen player, with only defenders Smalling and Vidic winning more.
2) The Belgian had more touches (102) than any player on the pitch barring Michael Carrick (105), who played 10 minutes longer with Fellaini substituted in the 80th minute.
3) Fellaini made one key pass leading to a goalscoring opportunity, one of only six United players to do so. Fellow midfielder Michael Carrick did not make any.
4) Fellaini made 84 passes, the highest any Leverkusen player made was Stefan Leinhartz's 51. Only Carrick (96) made more.
5) He completed 87 per cent of his passes, misplacing just four of 69 in the defensive and midfield third's of the pitch, but found a teammate with just 8 of 15 in the attacking third.
6) Fellaini recovered possession 12 times, nine times from loose balls in his own half and three in the opposition's.
7) His two tackles and four interceptions was the highest combined total of any United player, and the same as Leverkusen's top midfielders Simon Rolfes and Lars Bender who both made five tackles and one interception. Bender did so in just 26 minutes on the pitch.
8) Fellaini made four clearances, more than any midfield player; three with his head.
9) He passed more times to Carrick than any other player (18), followed by Evra (15) and Kagawa (10).
10) Fellaini attempted four long-balls, with three accurate. Carrick by comparison made nine of 10.
What impressed you the most about Fellaini's performance?
image: © Erik Daniel Drost