Arsenal are set to make another signing, this time the contract of young centre back Semi Ajayi.
The defender confirmed on his Twitter feed on Tuesday afternoon he is signing a two-year deal with the Gunners, with whom he has been on trial with since August, with the Addicks releasing him from his contract one year early.
Delighted to announce that I have officially signed for @Arsenal FC. Can't wait to see what the next two seasons here have in store for me.— Semi Ajayi (@S_Ajayi5) September 17, 2013
So what can we tell you about him? Here are five facts about Ajayi...
1) Ajayi signs from Charlton Athletic, becoming the second player to do so in recent years following Carl Jenkinson's switch in 2011.
2) The centre-back was born in Crayford, South London, but is eligible to play for Nigeria at international level, playing for their under-20 side.
3) Ajayi is yet to play a first team game in the Football League, and last season he was sent to the Conference to get first team football, playing three games for Dartford and scoring once on his debut against Tamworth.
4) He has been on trial with Arsenal for more than a month, and also scored a close range volley in his first match for the under-21s, a 3-1 win over Blackburn, playing alongside Chuba Akpom and Thomas Eisfeld.
5) Ajayi lifted a trophy last season, helping Charlton's under-21 side win the Professional Development League 2 – South league.
Is this a promising move for Arsenal? Are they best off loaning him straight back out?
image: © Ewan-M