Ronaldo back to Manchester United? Really?
1) Ronaldo will want to remain at Real Madrid for at least a season to prove that he is still top dog. He will not want Gareth Bale to steal the plaudits.
2) In Spain he will always be a big fish in a relatively small pond, but the English Premier League is now full of superstars who can give Ronaldo a run for his money.
3) Ronaldo was particularly close to former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, and will be unsure if he will be able to build a successful relationship with Ferguson's somewhat dour successor, David Moyes.
4) Moyes will want to do things his way at Manchester United. Looking to the past to build for the future may not be among his priorities.
5) Cost - Ronaldo would most certainly only return to Manchester United if the club broke the world transfer record. And Ronaldo would love to be the world's first £100m footballer. That might be a bit much for the Glazers might not be up for that.
image: © gordonflood