He burst onto the scene in last night's season opener as Peyton Manning's secret receiving weapon. But who exactly is Julius Thomas? Here are five facts about the Denver Bronco.
1) He was born on the 27th June 1988 in Stockton, California
2) The tight end came into this season with just 1 catch to his name for only 5 yards and no touchdowns. Against the Ravens he had 9 catches for 110 yards and two touchdowns, the first of his career.
3) He went to Portland State where he played basketball for four years and didn't even take part in football until 2010. His size and athleticism attracted many NFL teams and this was his chance to make into the league.
4) In the 2011 NFL draft he was chosen in the 4th round with the 129th pick of the draft by the Denver Broncos; unfortunately he lost his rookie season to an ankle injury.
5) He only played in nine games (one start) in his first two seasons in the NFL, injuries have so far disrupted his development as an NFL player
You can see his first NFL touchdown below:
image: © deegephotos