Cardiff City have been busy investing the cash as promised, fully intending on their Premier League stay to be an extended one rather than just a short visit.
The Bluebirds spent £2.1 million on the capture of Kevin Theophile-Catherine ahead of the transfer deadline, in a deal which slipped under the radar of many.
So what do fans need to know about the new addition? Here are five facts about him...
1) Theophile-Catherine is a versatile defende, aged 23 who can play at both centre-back and right-back.
2) He signs from Ligue One side Rennes for who he played more than 100 games.
3) He is a former French youth international, with experience at under-20 and under-21 level.
4) Cardiff fans should not expect too much of a goal threat, he has just three in his career so far, with two own goals to his name.
5) He has Europa League experience, facing teams which included Celtic and Atletico Madrid.
Here he is scoring a rare goal...
Cardiff fans are you positive about the signing?
image: © Mypouss