He signed on a season-long loan from Marseille, but what do we know about him?
Morgan Amalfitano signed for West Bromwich Albion to add another option in midfield for Steve Clarke’s men. To those who may not know much about their new midfielder, here are a few facts about the Frenchman.
1) He has received one international cap from Laurent Blanc in France’s 2-1 win against Germany as a second-half substitute in February 2012.
2) Amalfitano does have a degree of experience in European competition having played in both the Europa League and Champions League for Marseille, playing a combined total of 17 games and providing five assists.
3) He started his career at Cannes before joining Sedan-Ardennes in 2003. He stayed there until 2008 when he moved on to Lorient before securing a move to Marseille in 2011.
4) Throughout his career he has made a total of 335 appearances, scoring 18 goals and providing 42 assists, while he has only ever been sent off once in his career in a Ligue 2 match against Grenoble Foot for a second bookable offence back in 2004 for Sedan
5) He has a brother Romain, who is at Newcastle but was recently loaned out to Dijon, having failed to break through after signing on a free last summer. Morgan is considered the more advanced of the two.
Is he any good? Have a look at the YouTube video below to catch a glimpse of what he can offer to West Brom this season, if they are lucky.
Do you think he will be a good signing for the Baggies?
image: © Kermaguer