Here's a collection of comments from Arsenal fans sent in this week on the subject of the club:
1. 'Liverpool also changed their manager a while ago, and are reaping the benefits of that bold and ambitious move. Arsenal on the other hand.. 'In Arsene we rust''.
2. 'Why didn't anyone else try to sign Ozil ? What do they know that Arsenal don't ?'.
3. 'I am one of Arsene's biggest supporters, but to bring out the best in Ozil I hope Wenger can bring in a more lethal finisher in January, or next summer, as it will allow us to potentially win the CL'.
4. 'Arsenal have had a somewhat bloated squad over the last few years, with players of questionable quality and what has it delivered ?
'Wenger's had a clear out and brought in quality. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come for subsequent windows'.
5. 'Wenger has proved that he will buy players when he sees something in them that will improve the team. It doesn't always work out - Arshavin, Gervinho, Reyes - but it does more often than not.
'We've just signed one of the best players in the world in Ozil, and he said one of his deciding factors was Wenger'.
6. 'What doesn't make sense is splashing £42m on the one position in the Arsenal team that is well covered - Cazorla, Rosicky, Jack, Chamberlain'.
7. 'We need a world class striker and we get to keep Bendtner - what a joke of a manager'.
8. 'Ozil is an amazing acquisition, but Fellani and Mignolet or Berkovic were quality that could have been bought early - players available at the beginning of the summer, rather than letting Real and Spurs dictate the transfer market.
'We've no cover for Giroud (could have bought Ba a year ago). You have to hand it to Wenger, but we are shy 4 - 5 players'.
9. 'Wenger must not stop here, but consider bringing in three other world class players to improve the development of the club'.
10. 'Wilshere will play in central midfield from now on, Ozil is only 24. Wenger is building an Arsenal team that will dominate for the next 6 years+'.
What do you think of Arsenal's transfer window, and the performance of Arsene Wenger ?
image: © Ronnie Macdonald