Arsenal have been linked with a surprise swoop on a talented young Bulgarian attacker.
Arsenal's transfer pursuit is continuing, with time ticking down until the transfer window closes.
The question is, who will they end up adding, having been unsuccessful in their efforts to add new faces this summer so far.
A new name has been linked this evening, that of Todor Nedelev.
Nedelev is a 20-year-old Buglarian who plays in his homeland, who has recently been linked with Tottenham, compared in style to a certain Gareth Bale.
Italian news source TMW claim an exclusive, that Arsenal are close to signing the youngster - which they claim to have discovered while investigating Roma's attempts to snap up the player.
They write: "Botev Plovdiv would have refused Roma's 3 million euro offer for the young attacker Todor Nedelev. The Bulgarian is about to join Arsenal, (who have a ) closer agreement with Botev."
Perhaps a word of warning however; TMW claimed earlier this summer that Arsenal had an agreement to sign Julio Cesar from QPR, a transfer which is yet to materialise.
For more on Nedelev, read on for five facts about him...
1) Nedelev signed a professional contract with current team Botev Plovdiv in June 2011 and made his professional debut that August. A month after that, he scored his first goal in a tie with Chernomorets Pomorie.
2) The 20-year-old is capable of playing on either wing and as a central attacking midfielder, some might say he has a similar playing style to a certain Gareth Bale. He has been in great form this season. He scored a double in a 5-0 Europa League qualifying tie with Astana and has scored four goals in five appearances in the Bulgarian top flight so far this season.
3) He first came to international prominence during qualifying for the UEFA Under-19 Championships back in 2011. It was his form in the tournament that saw him linked heavily with a move to Galatasaray - but nothing ever came of it.
4) Nedelev is a regular throughout the Bulgarian national set up. He has played at under-17, 19 and 21 level. His record at under-21 level was especially impressive - scoring three goals in four caps.
5) Such form for both club and country saw him earn his first senior Bulgaria cap this month, starting on the right wing in a 2-0 defeat to Macedonia.
Check him out in action below...
Arsenal fans, would you welcome him at the club?
images: © klearchos