Tottenham Hotspur are being linked with a shock swoop for Bulgarian youngster Todor Nedelev this morning. The 20-year-old, whose contract expires in 2015, is reportedly on his way to Spurs in a £5.87 million move this summer.
But what can we tell you about him…
Here are five facts about Todor Nedelev.
1) Nedelev signed a professional contract with current team Botev Plovdiv in June 2011 and made his professional debut that August. A month after that, he scored his first goal in a tie with Chernomorets Pomorie.
2) The 20-year-old is capable of playing on either wing and as a central attacking midfielder, some might say he has a similar playing style to a certain Gareth Bale. He has been in great form this season. He scored a double in a 5-0 Europa League qualifying tie with Astana and has scored four goals in five appearances in the Bulgarian top flight so far this season.
3) He first came to international prominence during qualifying for the UEFA Under-19 Championships back in 2011. It was his form in the tournament that saw him linked heavily with a move to Galatasaray - but nothing ever came of it.
4) Nedelev is a regular throughout the Bulgarian national set up. He has played at under-17, 19 and 21 level. His record at under-21 level was especially impressive - scoring three goals in four caps.
5) Such form for both club and country saw him earn his first senior Bulgaria cap this month, starting on the right wing in a 2-0 defeat to Macedonia.
Here he is in action, and I think you will agree, there are some special goals in this clip…
image: © StartAgain