City have already heavily scouted the youngster while he’s more than likely already been watched on more than one occasion by the two clubs from London. He’s definitely a signing for the future despite the fact he’s already a regular in and around the PSV first team.
It will be very difficult for any Premier League side to get their hands on him considering his age complicates the normally straight up nature of paying a transfer fee and then getting the player tied down on a contract.
Here is a little more about him.
1) He’s a straight up right winger and has been with PSV since 2008 where he joined their youth setup from Standard Liege.
2) Despite being just 17-years-old, he’s already played for Belgium at four different levels; Under-15, Under-16, Under-17 and Under-21.
3) He has one of the most prolific goalscoring records of any winger in the history of Belgium’s Under-17 side with seven goals in just nine appearances.
4) He was selected for the Belgian senior side for a friendly match against France, where he could have become one of the national team’s youngest ever players. However, he picked up an injury the day before the game and was released from the squad.
5) He became the youngest player to score a hat-trick (17-years 196 days old) in the Dutch league when he bagged three goals for PSV on his home debut against NEC Nijmegen, replacing Arjen Robben who previously held the record.
What do you think? Which side has the best chance of getting him?
image: © FaceMePLS