What can Manchester City fans learn from their win over Newcastle?
We have studied the statistics from Manchester City's 4-0 triumph over Newcastle United and picked out 10 of the most impressive pieces of information.
1) Yaya Toure completed 97 passes during the match, exactly the same as Xavi did for Barcelona against Levante this weekend, and 34 more than the most prolific Newcastle player, Cheik Tiote (63).
2) New signing Fernandinho was the Manchester City team's target of choice - Yaya Toure passed to him more than any other player, 20 times, as did David Silva, also 20 times.
3) Pablo Zabaleta won six tackles out of the six he competed for, twice as many as Newcastle's best tackler, Mathieu Debuchy (3).
4) Javi Garcia (2) made more blocks than any other player on the pitch, despite playing just the final 19 minutes.
5) Manchester City had 20 shots on goal, scoring four, while Liverpool and Sunderland had 46 between them on the opening weekend, scoring just one combined.
6) Edin Dzeko had eight shots on goal, failing to score at all, with four on target.
7) Only David Silva (24) made more successful passes in the attacking third of the pitch than Fernandinho (19).
8) Of Manchester City's 20 shots, 17 of them came from inside the box - with only eight on target, but two of the three shots from outside the box resulted in goals.
9) Manchester City completed a higher percentage of their passes (91.1 per cent) than any Premier League team this weekend, most closely followed by Everton (88.8 per cent). In Europe, only Barcelona and Bayern Munich outclassed them.
10) Manchester City's 29 tackles in one game was the third highest in the Premier League - beaten only by Liverpool and Stoke (34), and the sixth highest in Europe.
Which one stands out the most for you?
image: © geetarchurchy