He will become the club's record signing, expected to cost in the region of €30 million and will lead the Spurs strikeforce which currently boasts just Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor as first team regulars.
He will be an exciting addition to the club, and to the Premier League if he can transfer his excellent Valencia form to his new side.
Here are 10 facts about English football's newest contender to win the 2013/14 Golden Boot...
1) Soldado is a Spain international who featured in this year's Confederations Cup. He has six goals in 11 appearances for his country.
2) He scored 30 goals last season in all competitions, one every 122 minutes - a better strike rate than Gonzalo Higuain.
3) Soldado had exactly 100 shots in La Liga last season, compared to Emmanuel Adebayor's 48 in the Premier League for Tottenham.
4) He has scored more than 20 goals in La Liga in all of his three seasons at Valencia, four in a row if including his haul for Getafe the year before.
5) Like Manchester City new boy Alvaro Negredo, Soldado actually began his career at Real Madrid, but left in search of regular football after failing to establish himself as a regular in the midst of the Galactico era.
6) Soldado does his defensive duties too - He made 40 clearances last season- mostly from set pieces, in comparison to 15 from Emmanuel Adebayor and just three from Jermain Defoe.
7) Soldado is the fourth player his agent has moved from La Liga to the Premier League this summer, following Fulham's Fernando Amorebieta, Everton's Gerard Deulofeu (loan) and Stoke's Marc Muniesa.
8) His highest goal haul came in 2011 when he scored all four goals for Valencia in a 4-2 win against former club Getafe.
9) He also has two Champions League hat-tricks on his CV, scored past BATE Borisov and Genk.
10) Soldado has been sent off three times in his career, but not since early 2009.
How much of a game-changer do you believe Soldado can be at Spurs?
image: © Victor Gutierrez Navarro