Not many Chelsea fans expected a new signing to be announced on Thursday evening, but that is precisely what happened.
The club announced on their official website that a deal has been finalised for youngster Stipe Perica.
So who is he and what do fans need to know about him?
Here are five facts...
1) Perica is an 18-year-old striker who signs from Croatian club NK Zadar - Luka Modric's former side.
2) He is a Croatia under-21 international, who played at the under-20 World Cup this summer - the youngest player in their squad, scoring in a win over New Zealand. His side were eliminated by Chile, who boasted fellow Chelsea new bow Cristian Cuevas.
3) Perica made his debut last October for NK Zadar, at the age of 17 - scoring his first professional goal just three weeks later.
4) At 6 ft 3, he is already an imposing player despite his age, and bagged eight goals in 20 games for his side last season.
5) Reports two months ago claimed Manchester City were chasing Perica, so Chelsea will feel pleased to have beaten a Premier League rival to his signature.
Check him out in action below...
Chelsea fans what do you make of the new addition?
image: © jasonparis