Several reports from Italy have suggested that Chelsea are lining up a possible move for 26-year-old central defender Leandro Castan.
The Brazilian spent his first season with the Serie A giants last year and has made 13 appearances so far, creating an exciting reputation for himself at the Italian side, attracting interest from several big clubs including Chelsea.
He has been suggested as a possible replacement for David Luiz, if the Brazilian goes to Bayern Munich, but he could be a very solid signing for Chelsea regardless.
Here are five facts about him.
1) He can play on either side of central defence effectively at a height of six feet and two inches tall.
2) He spent a very brief period in youth football, playing between 2003 and 2004 for Atletico Mineiro before graduating to their first team.
3) Despite being just 26-years-old, he has already played for five different sides throughout his senior career (Atletico Mineiro, Helsingborg, Barueri, Corinthians and Roma).
4) He’s only scored five goals in his senior career, scoring for Helsingborg, Barueri, Corinthians (2) and Roma.
5) He has two international caps for Brazil, which have come in matches against Japan and Colombia.
Good potential signing for the Blues? What do you think?
image: © Damien Cansse