The 24-year-old is creating a reputation for himself as one of the most promising young strikers around Europe and Roberto Martinez appears to be keen on adding him to the squad, which would give Everton a superb variety of attacking players heading into the new season.
Arouna Kone and Gerard Deulofeu have already been drafted in and the arrival of Hosiner would effectively complete the pack, giving Martinez plenty of different options up front and allowing him to play different formations when needed.
Here is a little more about the £4 million rated forward.
1) He is 24-years-old, five feet and ten inches tall and plays primary as a number nine striker with the ability to play in the hole as a number ten.
2) He graduated into senior football with 1860 Munich, who he joined in 2006 having already played for four different youth teams.
3) He’s played for five different senior sides between 2008 and right now, signing for Austria Vienna in 2012 from the club’s rivals Admira Wacker.
4) He scored 27 goals in 27 games for Austria Vienna last season, making him the highest scoring player in the Austrian Bundesliga. He has a record of 32 goals in 36 appearances for the club.
5) He’s represented Austria at four different levels, winning three caps and scoring twice for the senior side.
Good potential signing Everton fans?
image: © isirya