Valencia president Amadeo Salvo has warned Tottenham the Spanish side will not sell striker Roberto Soldado for less than his €30 million contract buyout clause.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas confirmed the North Londoners were interested in signing the 28-year-old Spaniard but Valencia are seemingly unwilling to negotiate over the fee.
"Soldado can go if he wants - for €30million and under our conditions," Salvo said at a club press conference.
"Valencia never had any intention of selling Soldado. If he goes then it is because the €30million figure has been met, not a cent less or a cent more. The buying club will also have to accept Valencia's conditions of payment also.
"We agreed to meet Tottenham again to discuss the ways of paying and we did that because we understood that his buy-out clause would be met,” he added.
Luis Suarez is the subject of a renewed offer from Arsenal, who submitted a bid of £40 million plus £1 for the striker in the belief it would activate a release clause. It appears this is not the case, and Liverpool have rejected the offer. We have the full explanation here on HITC.
The Mail add that Wayne Rooney is keen on the Gunners, but only if a switch to Chelsea falls through. Manchester United insist the striker is not for sale.
Meanwhile, Porto striker Jackson Martinez has ‘ruled out’ a move away from the Portuguese outfit despite interest from Napoli and Borussia Dortmund.
“I am happy to be here at a club like this," Martinez told Radio Renascenca.
"I am enjoying the opportunity to play here, I want to repeat what happened last season and win more trophies with Porto."
Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has opened the door for a possible return for Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa who transferred to Old Trafford from the Champions League finalists last year.
"Shinji (Kagawa) is a player we would welcome back," Watzke told BILD.
"The door is always for him at our club."
This comment comes after the player himself revealed he would like to return to his former club one day in the future, despite being settled at United.
Swansea’s record fee signing striker Wilfried Bony has been granted a work permit. The Ivory Coast international could now be set to feature in Swansea’s pre-season friendly with Reading this Saturday.
New Manchester City signing Montenegrin striker Stevan Jovetic has revealed he had offers from Juventus but he opted for the Citizens because they ‘wanted him more’ than either the Serie A champions or Arsenal who were also interested in signing him.
"Juventus looked at me, they were interested," Jovetic told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"But it was my decision, and I chose Man City."
Chelsea have finalized the signing of Chilean youngster Cristian Cuevas from O’Higgins. The 18-year-old is reported to have moved for a fee of £2.2 million and has signed a five-year contract with the Blues.
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas is ‘considering his future’ according to reports today. The Manchester United target and former Arsenal captain has been the subject of two bids from the English champions. However the Catalans insist the Spaniard is not for sale and have reportedly rejected both offers.
Tottenham, meanwhile, are ‘standing firm’ over Gareth Bale who they maintain is categorically not for sale this summer, despite reports that Real Madrid have made a bid for the Welshman and Manchester United manager David Moyes is preparing to swoop for the Player of the Year winner.
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is set for ‘talks’ over his future, according to reports, following the Ligue 1 champions signing of Edinson Cavani this month.
“My future? I am under contract at PSG," he told L'Equipe.
“There should be no reason for my situation to change in the summer. We will talk details, and I am very confident I know what will happen."
image: © ins11thiago