The talented midfielder has arrived at Palace this week ... what can we tell you about him?
Crystal Palace have become the latest team to raid Spanish outfit Sevilla for one of their stars this summer after they agreed the £1.75 million move for the 20-year-old Jose Campana on Thursday.
He joins the likes of Antonio Luna, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo and Luis Alberto in switching Andalusia for England this summer.
But what can we tell you about the player?
1) Jose Angel Gomez Campana made his first appearance in professional football aged just 18 in a Europa League tie against Hannover 96 in 2011.
2) Campana has been regular member of the Spanish youth teams from the age of 15 playing all the way up to Under-20 level. He has even captained his country at this age group at this summer’s World Under-20 Championships in Turkey. He also won the European Under-19 Championships in 2011 and captained his country to the same result in 2012.
3) Campana has suffered with some problems at Sevilla for the past two seasons and refused to sign a new deal at the club this summer in order to facilitate his exit from his home-town club.
4) In 2012 however he rejected the chance to move in the transfer window instead citing a desire to find his place in the team. However his English Premier League dream has persuaded him to make the move this time.
5) Palace fans will be hoping the wonderfully talented maestro will be available more than he was for Sevilla last term. He broke his foot in March and only returned in time for this summer’s Under-20 Championships.
Here he is in action …
image: © OliverN5