The Metro has reported Tottenham are working on a £7 million deal for Santos star Neilton.
Tottenham Hotspur appear to be going after another Brazilian following the arrival of Paulinho and this time they are focusing on a very special player.
Santos’ Neilton has been tipped as the young man to replace Neymar at the Brazilian club, who they have just side to Barcelona in a multi-million pound deal.
Neilton would be a fantastic signing for Spurs and he’s definitely a youngster who could benefit the side dramatically over the next few seasons.
He’s a player who was scouted by several top European sides last season, which is a tribute to the immense talent and potential he has.
Here are five facts about him.
1) He’s 19-years-old, five feet and five and a half inches tall and he can play down either wing or as a striker.
2) He’s a one club man having spent time coming up through the ranks of the Santos youth teams before graduating to the first team.
3) He has a strike rate of one goal in every two games at senior level with Santos having made six appearances for the senior side, scoring three goals in the process.
4) He has a buy out clause of £5 million in his current contract with Santos.
5) Santos fans coined the phrase ‘clone of Neymar’ when he progressed into the Santos first team, which is how the comparisons first developed.
Good potential signing for Tottenham? Could Manchester United or Chelsea revitalise their interest?
image: © hollidaypics