Oscar Trejo is not a household name among fans of the Premier League, yet.
That could all be about to change with West Ham chasing his signature, according to the Daily Mirror.
They have made a bid of £1.8 million, but Sporting Gijon are said to want £2.5 million, but could be swayed as their precarious financial situation means they owe Trejo a backlog of wages dating back months rather than weeks.
So who is the player and what do West Ham fans need to know about him? Here are five facts...
1) Trejo is a 25-year-old attacking midfielder who can plays mainly on the right wing but can also feature centrally or as a secondary striker.
2) He began his career at Boca Juniors, before moving to Spain at just 18 where he has played for Elche, Rayo Vallecano, and Mallorca before Sporting Gijon.
3) He was signed and handed his debut at Gijon by Manuel Preciado, who tragically died last summer of a heart attack shortly before being unveiled as Villareal boss.
4) Trejo has scored three goals against Barcelona... B. He has played against their senior side five times but failed to get on the scoresheet on those occasions.
5) He scored five goals in 34 games in Spain's second tier last season, providing 10 assists.
Check him out in action below...
image: © soroll