We bring you a little fact-file on the talented Nigerian linked with The Saints in the Swedish press today.
Southampton are being linked with Swedish footballs free-scoring striker Kennedy Igboananike today with his agent Innocent Okeke admitting there is interest in his client from abroad:
"I can confirm that clubs from the top leagues in England, Turkey and Russia are following him. The only thing I can confirm is that there are clubs who follow him, but for Kennedy this season it has been about rediscovering his joy again."
But what can we tell you about this elusive talent…?
1) The Nigerian striker actually started his career at Stockholm based outfit Djurgardens but was released after just one year at the age of 18; however just three years later they re-signed the forward from lower league outfit Vasalund.
2) Whilst playing for Vasalund Kennedy helped them achieve promotion to the second tier in his first season; finishing the campaign as the league’s top goal-scorer with 18 goals.
3) In 2011 the striker almost made the move from Sweden to one of the big leagues in Europe. Interest was particulary strong in France but in the end he decided to go back to Stockholm with Djurgardens.
4) After struggling for games during his third season since arriving back at the club he left for city rivals AIK and has not looked back. This season he has scored nine goals in 19 games for the club.
5) The striker is known for his electric pace (argued to be one of the world’s fastest professional footballers) and athleticism. He made global headlines after scoring this tremendous goal against Hammarby back in April….
image: © http://www.flickr.com/photos/flo_p/