West Ham United have been linked with a £5 million move for midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic.
Manager Sam Allardyce was coy on reports, admitting he knows of and likes the player, but stopped short of declaring the club had made a move for him.
"He is a player I like, but I know nothing about it so cannot comment. Position wise, we need an attacking player first and then we will see where we go.
"At this moment, it depends on the player who is available. It needs to be a quality player who brings a lot to the team for us to go after him."
It could very well be than Kuzmanovic has been a name supplied by Allardyce to the board as a target, and he has let them get on with the negotiating, concentrating on managing the side through pre-season.
So what do Hammers fans need to know about him?
Here are five facts...
1) Zdravko Kuzmanovic is a 25-year-old midfielder who plays for Inter Milan. A central player, he can play in attacking, defensive, or box-to-box roles.
2) Kuzmanovic is a Serbian international with 47 caps and six goals to his name. He was eligible to also play for Switzerland where he grew up and began his career.
3) He has only been at Inter since January, playing 13 games before making a £1 million deadline day switch from Stuttgart, where he had fallen out of favour. The Germans paid £7 million to sign him from Fiorentina in 2009.
4) Kuzmanovic was handed his debut as an 18-year-old for Basel back in 2005, by former Tottenham manager Christian Gross.
5) One of the two sending offs in his career came at the hands of Premier League referee Mike Dean, when playing in the Europa League with Stuttgart.
Do you think he would be a good signing for the Hammers?
image: © batrax