1. 'RBS lost sight of why it was founded, and it nearly died as a result. We've got back to a place where we can once again focus on the customer above all else'.
2. 'It is very clear to me a successful business must be built off the back of serving customers well, and until we as an industry can say we are doing that, we won't have finished the changes we need to make'.
3. 'We are now in a position where the Government can begin to prepare for privatizing RBS. While leading that process would be the end of an incredible chapter for me, ideally for the company it should be led by someone at the beginning of their journey'.
4. 'This is a bruising, difficult job, ... I have regrets about not completing the job'.
5. 'I can be absolutely honest and say I have no sense of bitterness or anger or any negative emotions about leaving RBS except for the people I am leaving'.
6. 'If I only worked for money I wouldn't do this job – but that isn't to say I don't care about money'.
7. 'I am certainly not a robot and there have been some deeply depressing moments'.