A figure of €8 million has been touted, and he admitted last month that he would be open to a move, after helping PSG to win the French title.
"After last season, I feel that I have experienced what I wanted to with the club,"
"It has become easier to make a decision. I want to play more and play in big matches. I want to experience something else. PSG is not my whole life. The best solution could be to stay in Ligue 1. But England and Germany would be attractive as well."
Here is a breakdown of what fans of the Toffees need to know about him...
1) Clement Chantome is a 25-year-old central midfielder, who has been with PSG ever since rising through their academy.
2) Chantome has one international cap for France, which came in December in a friendly defeat against Japan.
3) He played in 28 matches for PSG last season, 16 starts, scoring once and providing two assists.
4) Chantome shares a fate in common with Steven Pienaar, both have been sent off by referee Lee Probert, Chantome's dismissal coming in a Europa League match in 2011.
5) Chantome's passing completion rate of 92 per cent was the highest of any midfielder in the PSG squad last season, and the best in France.
Check out his only, admittedly very easy, goal of the season...
Would you like Martinez to pursue Chantome?
image: © psgmag