So what can we tell you about the player?
1) Ngoy currently does not play for a specific club but instead trains and plays for the N Seth Academy in Brussels. Established by former youth team coach at RSC Anderlecht Seth Nkandu the academy aims to spot talent in the streets of Belgium and give them the coaching necessary to make it as professional players. His most famous former student would be Romelu Lukaku; the Chelsea player was under his tutelage at Anderlecht.
When speaking about Julien; Nkandu stated:
"Julien is a big talent, one of the biggest I have seen in my academy.’’
2) The 15-year-old has represented the Belgian national team twice at under-16 level; including an impressive performance against their Dutch rivals in a 5-2 win earlier in the year.
3) Tall, powerful and lighting fast he could have been a sprinter if football were not his first love. He has been given a rather apt nickname at the academy. He is known as ‘Le Cobra Noir’ or ‘The Black Cobra’ to you and me.
4) As well as the English interest in his services there is plenty of interest from abroad with Club Brugges, Standard Liege, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain all said to be carrying a torch for the teenage prodigy.
5) Reports suggest that his father Didier has decided to move with Julien to England so that he can continue his footballing education in the UK; giving hope to those English teams chasing his signature.
image: © mikehamm