Brendan Rodgers has got his eyes on talented 21-year-old midfielder Jorginho according to several reports.
The Hellas Verona central midfielder is a very highly rated player who has attracted interest from AC Milan, and could be a useful back-up for Lucas as a defensive option in the centre of the park.
Jorginho’s current contract doesn’t expire until the summer of 2016 which means Liverpool will have to pay a hefty fee to get him but Rodgers has shown superb skill recently in terms signing young and talented players before tying them down to long term deals.
Here is a little more about him.
1) He was born in Brazil but moved over to Italy at a very young age, growing up in the country.
2) Despite his Brazilian heritage he has chosen to play for Italy at international level when called upon. He’s made one appearance for the Italian Under-21 side.
3) He’s come from the lower leagues of Italian football, from Serie D side Sambonifacese to his current side Hellas Verona.
4) He would be eligible for a work permit immediately which means he could go straight into Liverpool’s pre-season, Development Squad and Premier League schedules.
5) His goalscoring record as a central midfielder does need improvement as he’s bagged just four goals in 73 appearances for his current team.
What do you think Liverpool fans? Worth a punt?
image: © Vincent Teeuwen