What do Swansea City fans need to know about their club's latest addition?
Swansea City have likely increased speculation over the future of Ashley Williams after signing young Spanish defender Jordi Amat from Espanyol for a fee believed to be in the region of £2.5 million.
So what can we tell you about the 21-year-old centre back from Canet de Mar…
Here are five facts on Swansea’s latest Spanish acquisition.
1) Amat started his career with Barcelona outfit Espanyol; making his debut for the Catalan club aged just 17. He was given his debut by current Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino.
2) He made his real breakthrough during a season long loan spell at Rayo Vallecano last year; the same team where current Swansea star Michu was plucked from.
3) He has represented the Spanish international youth teams at every age-group from the age of 15 up to Under-21.
4) As well as playing for the Spanish national football team he has also represented the Catalonia national team; featuring in draws against Nigeria and Tunisia in his two appearances.
5) Amat now becomes yet another Spaniard in the South of Wales; joining Michu, Angel Rangel, Chico Flores, Jose Canas, Pablo Hernandez and soon to be confirmed Alex Pozuelo at the Liberty Stadium; making him the seventh Spanish Swan.
Here he is in action with arguably his most famous moment yet; a wonderful 50-yard strike against Real Valladolid last season...
Do you think Amat will be a success at the Liberty Stadium?
image: © cpjobling