West Ham United are being linked with a move for the 23-year-old winger who plays for Morelia in Mexico.
Say what you like about Sam Allardyce’s style of football, he’s always has a superb ability to spot a gem of a player and that’s just what West Ham might get if they complete a deal for Jefferson Montero.
The Hammers don’t have the biggest budget after spending to get Andy Carroll tied down on a permanent deal, which means lower profile and less competitive deals like this are what the club will be looking at.
That shouldn’t be seen as a negative by any means because all of the indications point towards Jefferson being a potentially superb little player for the Premier League side chasing consolidation inside the top ten.
Here’s a little more about him.
1) The 23-year-old comes in at five feet and seven inches tall and has already played for eight teams since he started his senior career at the age of 17-years-old.
2) His most prolific spell came between 2008 and 2009 with Independiente Jose Teran where he scored 19 goals in 37 appearances.
3) That spell led to a high profile five-year deal with Villarreal where he appeared in La Liga and the Champions League for the club.
4) He played for four different teams during his brief spell in La Liga which includes appearances for the Villarreal B team, the Villarreal senior team and loan spells with Levante and Real Betis.
5) His only international appearances have come at senior level. He has 27 caps for Ecuador so far in his career and has scored six goals.
What do you make of him West Ham fans?
image: © Tom Cuppens