Arsenal are being linked with players left, right and centre following the club’s boasts of financial strength and those rumours don’t just relate to the Gonzalo Higuain type deals which are on the cards.
Tin Jedvaj is a fresh name connected with a move to Arsenal’s youth ranks and he’s rated as one of the best defensive prospects to come out of Croatia for quite some time.
It seems like an awful lot of money for a teenager who only made his senior debut earlier this year but Arsene Wenger has always shown a superb ability throughout his career a the Gunners to spot a good player, regardless of his age.
Here are five facts about the youngster.
1) His youth career started in 2002 when he was just six-years-old as he signed for NK Zagreb, before a move to Dinamo Zagreb in 2005.
2) He’s only just started his senior career as a professional footballer, having made his debut against NK Osijek as a substitute.
3) He’s scored just a single goal for his current club in the 13 appearances he’s made so far in his senior career.
4) He comes from a football background as his Dad played for six different clubs between 1986 and 200.
5) He’s already played for Croatia at Under-17 (eight caps) and Under-19 (one cap) level.
What do you make of him?
image: © michael hilton