Paolo di Canio has been quietly active in the transfer market at Sunderland this summer, completing four signings already.
In addition to Modibo Diakite, Valentin Roberge and Cabral, the Black Cats have announced the signing of David Karlsson.
So who is he and what do you need to know about him?
Here are five facts about the player...
1) David Moberg Karlsson is 19-years-old and signed from Swedish side IFK Gothenburg.
2) He is an attacker capable of playing on the left-wing or as a striker.
3) Karlsson is a Swedish youth international, with five goals in 11 games for the under-19 side.
4) He had a Sunderland connection at his previous club, playing alongside Tobias Hysen who spent a season at the club between 2006/07.
5) Karlsson made his debut for Gothenburg at just 17-years-old, but he is far from their youngest ever player - that honour goes to Nicklas Barkroth who played for them at just 15 in 2007.
Sunderland fans are you impressed with the club's early summer business?
image: © lo_p/