The speculation surrounding Baines’ possible departure from Goodison Park this summer is showing no sign of slowing down and Siqueira could be Roberto Martinez’s way of saying he’s getting ready for the left back’s departure.
Either way it’s important for Everton to maintain their focus on attracting good value transfer targets in the market this summer and bringing in players who can take the side forward.
Here are five facts about their latest target.
1) Siqueira is 27-years-old, six feet tall and joined Granada in 2011 following a loan spell with the club the previous season.
2) He’s scored 13 goals throughout his career, 12 of which have been with his current team in Spanish football.
3) He was initially signed by Internazionale for a fee of roughly £100,000 as an 18-year-old, the final permanent move of his youth career.
4) He was previously co-owned before he completed his move to Granada in 2011, a topic which has been banned in several leagues across Europe.
5) He has never played for his country Brazil at any level, which means his Italian citizenship also entitles him to play for the Italians.
What do you make of him? A potentially good bit of business?