Here's a note of 7 things a middle office employee needs to be a success.
1. A personality.
2. A broad perspective - the ability to pick (and win) the fights that really matter.
3. An real understanding of the business - credibility with front office goes a long way.
4. Flexibility - you'll need to get the firm's requirements across in such a way that your front office colleagues want to fall into line.
5. Tenacity - you will need to learn not to accept everything you are told at face value. You will need an enquiring mind, and will have to learn how to become a 'critical friend' to the business.
6. Confidence - there will be occasions when you will need to understand that right is on your side, and stand your ground.
7. A thick-skin. You will often be the bearer of bad news, and will need to be able to withstand both personal and professional attacks.
image: © Bengt Nyman