Andre Villas-Boas seems to have his attention on signing striker Rodrigo from Benfica.
Spurs are hot on the hunt for a striker who can come in, score a shed load of goals and generally make them a formidable attacking unit as they go hard again for fourth place next season.
He’s not had the best of season with Benfica and he’s on a huge contract (until 2019) but his current status in the Benfica squad could mean he’d consider a move away from Portuguese football.
Here is a bit more about him.
1) He started his youth career with Flamengo but changed clubs on three further occasions, eventually ending at Real Madrid.
2) He never played for the Real Madrid first team, making 22 appearances for the B and C teams scoring just six goals in the process.
3) He’s already had a spell in English football on loan with Bolton Wanderers as a 20-year-old. He didn’t set the world alight bagging just one goal from all appearances.
4) He moved to Spain in his early teenage years after being born in Brazil. He’s played for Spain at four different levels but is yet to make his senior debut. He was also a member of the Spain squad for the Olympics last year.
5) He made it into the list of top 20 goalscorers in the Portuguese league last season, finishing joint 20th with seven goals.
Good signing or underwhelming?
image: © Shiraz Chakera