The 19-year-old winger has indicated he would relish the chance to join Arsenal from Levante.
Arsene Wenger has made his career out of spotting undervalued and underrated players at young ages from teams all over Europe, buying them cheaply and then turning them into superstars.
Ruben Garcia of Levante is one such player currently being linked with an Arsenal switch, a move he’s admitted would be great for his career.
“Arsenal would be a very nice club and I think it would be great,” he told Plaza Deportivo.
Here are five facts about him:
1) He was born in Valencia, which was the first club he joined before a move to Levante in 2010.
2) Now 19, he made his senior debut for Levante for their B team in the fourth division of Spanish football.
3) He made his first team debut for the club at the start of last season in a 3-2 win over Espanyol. He’s since made 28 appearances, scoring four goals.
4) He’s been included in Spanish squads at Under-19 and Under-20 and recently called up to the under-21s but is yet to win a senior cap.
5) Garcia's main position is down the left wing, but he has also played as a striker in the number ten role behind a main centre forward.
With a market value of under £1 million this could be a superb addition to Arsenal’s youth teams.
Check out this excellent goal he scored for Levante...
Do you think he’s worth a small gamble for the club?
image: © Ronnie Macdonald