Arsenal are once again looking across the channel to France in pursuit of transfer bargains, with Arsene Wenger confirming interest in Clement Grenier.
Here is what he had to say to French media outlet Telefoot: "We are following him, his intelligence of play pleases me. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri."
That's a comparison which may not sit too well with Arsenal fans given the way the now Manchester City midfielder walked out on the Gunners and has behaved since, taunting their lack of trophies - but that doesn't mean Grenier would do the same.
Of course Wenger is speaking strictly about his footballing talents rather than his loyalty and personality we assume.
And there is more to know about Grenier than just that, so here are five facts about the Frenchman...
1) Grenier is a 22-year-old attacking midfielder who plays centrally, wearing Lyon's number 7 shirt.
2) He has scored seven goals and provided eight assists this season, including one against Tottenham in the Europa League.
3) Arsene Wenger has been following his progress, first linked with signing Grenier back in 2008, with the player even compared to Kaka.
4) Grenier is yet to be capped by France, but has represented his country at every level from under-16 right through to under-21, where he won five caps.
5) Intriguingly, Grenier's contract runs out in June 2014, meaning the Gunners could potentially buy him cheaply this summer as Lyon will not want to risk him walking away on a free.
Check him out in action:
Arsenal fans what do you think? A good potential signing?
image: © julien haler