Here is a note of 11 things that happened on this day in history
1. 1533 - Henry VIII divorces his first wife Catherine of Aragon to marry Anne Boleyn
2. 1430 - Joan of Arc is captured by Burgundian troops
3. 1788 - South Carolina becomes the 8th state in United States
4. 1929 - A new gold rush starts in Australia, as gold is found just 3 feet below the surface all over the area in South West
5. 1934 - Notorious criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow are shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police while driving a stolen car near Sailes, Louisiana
6. 1940 - I'll Never Smile Again is recorded by Frank Sinatra, Tommy Dorsey and the Pied Pipers
7. 1937 - John D. Rockefella the American industrialist, once the worlds richest man before he gave his millions away, dies aged 97
8. 1945 - Heinrich Himmler, head of Adolf Hitler’s Gestapo, commits suicide while in prison
9. 1966 - The Beatles' Paperback Writer b/w Rain single is released
10. 1984 - At least four people die and dozens more injured in an explosion at a Lancashire water treatment plant.
11. 1998 - UK Prime Minister Tony Blair welcomes the resounding 'yes' vote in the referendum on the Good Friday Agreement on Northern Ireland calling it 'a day for joy'
Source: BBC, Wikipedia, historyorb.com, infoplease.com, history.co.uk, brainyhistory.com, on-this-day.com