Derek Boateng has completed a transfer to Fulham, according to the player himself.
Derek Boateng has been linked with Fulham over the past two transfer windows and is apparently wasting no time this time around, with a deal struck before this one has even opened.
Boateng claimed via his Twitter account that the long-awaited deal had been completed:
I have signed a two-year deal with Fulham FC! I'm happy to see this deal confirmed! Thanks God, my family and everyone who support me!— Derek Boateng (@BoatengDerek) May 22, 2013
So who is Boateng and what do Fulham fans need to know? Here are five facts about him...
1) Derek Boateng is a defensive midfielder who is 30-years-old, signing from Ukrainian side Dnipro Dnipropetskov.
2) He is a Ghanaian international with 40 caps to his name, appearing in the African Nations Cup earlier this year.
3) Boateng is well traveled, playing for club sides in Sweden, Greece, Spain, Israel and Germany.
4) Due to a contract dispute, Boateng has been in Dnipro's reserves and has not played for their first team since last August.
5) He has played in the Champions League qualifiers with Beitar Jerusalem several years ago, but they did not end well. In one match he was sent off, and in another his side lost 5-0.
Check him out in action...
Fulham fans are you positive about the new addition?