After a 10 game goal drought, he scored in Parma's final game of the season last night and provided an assist, so perhaps he may just have been inspired by the rumours surrounding his future.
He does however remain very much an unknown to those unfamiliar with Serie A, so we have put together a factfile on all Liverpool need to know about the young forward.
Here are five facts about him...
1) Belfodil played for France at every youth level from under-17 to under-20, but has pledged his full international future to Algeria - his country of birth.
2) In his youth he was a scholar at PSG academy but his first big break came when he was picked up by Lyon where he made his debut at just 17-years-old.
3) He signed for Parma last summer for €2.5 million, and finished the campaign as their top scorer with eight goals and also contributed five assists.
4) The 21-year-old angered his coach Roberto Donadoni earlier this season, making a 'silence' gesture towards the bench after scoring and found himself subsequently dropped.
5) In 2011/12 the striker did not score a single goal for Lyon or on loan at Serie A side Bologna.
Check him out in action below...
Is he what Liverpool need or too inexperienced?
image: © vincentteeuwen