A defender linked to Manchester United earlier this year could be heading to a team lower down the Premier League table instead.
It is claimed that the Saints have tabled a £2.5 million bid for the centre-back, who had this to say in February:
"It's true that there was initial contact, but it will not help if my performance drops. I try not to think about this. It's really flattering that big European clubs are watching football in my country."
But what do Southampton fans need to know about the defender? Here are five facts...
1) Erazo is a centre-back aged 25, older than Maya Yoshida and Jack Cork.
2) He is an international teammate of United's Antonio Valencia, capped 15 times by Ecuador scoring once in a friendly against Greece.
3) Erazo plays for Barcelona, but not the one we are familiar with. He plays for Ecuadorian side Barcelona Sporting Club who after four games are 10th out of 12 top flight teams this season.
4) He shares the same agents as James Rodriguez and Nicolas Gaitan, two players regularly linked with moves to Old Trafford over the past year.
5) Last season he helped his club win the Ecuadorian title, their first since 1997 and the first medal of his career.
Check him out in action below...
Southampton fans are you hopeful?
image: © ingythewingy