What a week it has been for Cristiano Ronaldo. There is no easy way to sum it up so we'll try to talk you through the major events.
- Real Madrid are dumped out of the Champions League by Dortmund, and Ronaldo fails to impress.
- He is accused by a Brazilian model of having an affair with her, something he strongly denies.
- Ronaldo says he 'does not care' for the future of Jose Mourinho after their Dortmund defeat.
- It is reported Ronaldo has told a former teammate he wants a return to Manchester United.
- Ronaldo scores two goals in Madrid's win over Real Valladolid, making it 33 La Liga goals this season.
Now we can add a truly bizarre item to the eventful week for Real's number 7...
As reported by Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, Ronaldo had an uncomfortable run-in with the Spanish police after Madrid's win on Saturday night.
Ronaldo was out with girlfriend Irina Shayk, who has stuck by him despite claims of his supposed affair, having dinner.
But on the way back his night was to take an unpleasant turn.
He was pulled over by the police for a routine check. During the checks, it seemed as though one of the officers accidentally hit Ronaldo's car with his torch, causing the striker to get out 'very upset, very angry.'
While out inspecting the damage, of which it turned out there was barely any, and being asked for his documents, a passing Atletico Madrid fan recognised him.
The Atletico fan began abusing him and even threatening the Real ace. The result? The Atletico fan was arrested and spent the night in jail.
It all ended well enough for Ronaldo, the check was routine once his documentation was provided, he left unharmed and his car apparently undamaged after all. But it sure might have put a dampener on his night.
If he needed motivation to score the winning goal against Atletico in the Copa del Rey Final on May 17, he certainly got it.
Will the Copa del Rey be Ronaldo's last game for Madrid? What does his future hold?
image: © Jan S0L0