A couple of months back we ran an article on former Manchester United man Mame Biram Diouf, who it was reported by German newspaper Bild - was being lined up by Borussia Dortmund as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski.
Diouf, 25, was seen as a prominent successor for the Pole, expected to leave this summer for destination yet unknown, due to his consistent form in the Bundesliga.
He then rejected two contract offers from Hannover, who have been trying to convince him to stay due to his consistent performances for the club.
However unfortunately for the player, a goal drought could be threatening a glamour move to the Champions League semi-finalists, and he is beginning to realise it.
Diouf has not scored since February 27, two weeks after the original link with Dortmund came out.
He has played six matches for Hannover in the Bundesliga, all without a goal, with his club recently thrashed 6-1 by champions Bayern Munich.
As a result, Diouf is currently doing a bit of backtracking, with interest in him potentially drying up at just the wrong time.
He told Bild today that he is now open to staying put, despite his actions regarding contract rejections previously indicating otherwise, but his club are to make him a new offer.
He said: "I have the contract, why should not I stay?"
Owner of Hannover, Martin Kind, said that he now believes the percentages of the striker staying are stacked at 51-49 in their favour, and is confident the striker will sign a new deal.
Mirko Slomka, his coach has also given him his backing, "Mame is highly professional. For me is now just important to play better again."
For Diouf it certainly is, because if he doesn't find his scoring touch soon, dreams of a big summer move will be all but just that and he really will have to settle for staying put.
image: © apasciuto